Saturday, March 15, 2008

How to Sleep Well If You Are Afraid of The Dark

You are not alone. Being scared in the dark is not a childhood fear and most of the adults that I know of are still scared of darkness. From all the people I have known, I am have the worse case of panics when sleeping alone in the dark or being home alone. I get uncomfortable easily when I'm sitting in a room filled with dead silence. It is most worse when I try to sleep at night and in the dark I hear crackling noises made by my wooden desk or the TV stand. Because once I hear cracklings I start starring and searching.

I used keep my eyes wide open to watch out for myself in the dark and this makes me more awake and scared. I guess it is true since when a person is in the dark they start creating images and freak themselves out. But it was hard for me to close my eyes since I'm so paranoid of being in the dark by myself. Recently, I discovered a way to help me fall asleep easier in the dark and avoid starring at objects in the dark. Thanks to the invention of the eye cover. When I'm ready to go bed, I just strap it on to cover my eyes. The eye cover kept my eyes blinded so it prevents me from starring at objects in the dark space. The woods still crackles but as long as I am being blindfolded it will keep my eyes shut and away from freaking myself out.

No comments: