Monday, April 14, 2008

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins (Wk 4)

http://www.rubinghscience.org/memetics/dawkinsmemes.html

I think Dawkins has brought up a really good idea about the characteristics about the "meme." I mean, we all know that there people who are a slave the fashion, but we can't let this idea be undersold. Just because we are not splurging on a Gucci purse or Louis Vuitton because it is seen almost everywhere in LA, doesn't make anyone a lesser victim of a meme replicator when you see a baby, couples or watching a couple getting married. All this is also it! I seriously think there's something wrong when I almost all my friends and even my own family members, especially women are looking forward to only replicate! It's annoying to me, because I think it's too over-rated.

Maybe it is just me, but the womens that I know around me replicates for the wrongest reasons! Others may say I may be critical, but for a fact I know they are wrong; because I can tell that these womens are not happy with themselves, so they think having a kid will make their situations better. None of these women wants to fix their depressive states of being, but they think having a kid of their own will solve that problem. To me, it is like an empty being producing another empty being. Just like Dawkins describes, it's the meme pool...

No comments: