Saturday, April 19, 2008

Regards to Ramana Maharsi (Wk 8)

I actually cried while I was watching this film. It was because the words he mentioned coinceided with what I was discussing with my mother the other day, and this was before I watched the film. What happened was, my mother was checking on me about my life and school. She made some recommendations for me, but I refused them, and this is very normal, because I've always made my own choices. So I told her; "mother, you don't have to worry about my being. I'm very happy because I found what I love to do, and it's knowledge. I'm actually enjoying these schoolworks because this is what I enjoyed all along. You have to know mother, there are so many people who has never found out for their own life-time of beings on what they love to do. People go to work everyday and are miserable because they can't find what makes them happy. But for me mom, instead of you worrying for me, you should be happy for me, because I found what makes me happy. Who knows if I would survive the next day or not. So why wouldn't I live my moments while I'm still alive, doing what makes me happy. That's not wrong mom."

Many people are dependent on another's being for their own happiness. I consider myself fortunate of finding this gift. As long as I'm learning something, that's all it matters.

No comments: